Ulster University London
Want to study at Ulster university London? According to the Complete University Guide 2023, Ulster University ranks 44th out of 130 universities in the UK. Studying at this university is quite affordable for the international students. Even students get a good scholarship from this university. Let’s know the important things about this university.
Why Study at Ulster University London?
There are many reasons a student chooses to study at Ulster University London. The benefits a student gets from studying here are immense. Such as:
- Students gain valuable insights by studying one of the most progressive and diverse cities in the world.
- London’s strong economic status provides many opportunities for part-time employment for students. This helps students financially so that they can bear the tuition fees and living expenses easily.
- Students can explore many things by studying at Ulster University London. London has over 200 museums and many of them are free to visit. Besides, it has historic buildings, concert halls, theaters, top class restaurants, pubs, bars, and many more.
- London has a well developed and fantastic public transport system. Students need not to worry while visiting from one place to another.
- Excellent Scholarship and bursary opportunities.
- Affordable courses
- Outstanding career opportunities.
- Degree courses focused on industry-relevant education.
- High quality campus facility.
Ranking of Ulster University London
- In the Complete University Guide League Table 2023, Ulster University ranks 44 out of 130 UK Universities.
- In the QS World University Ranking 2023- it ranks 601-650.
- In the Times Higher Education Impact Ranking, it ranks 101-200.
- In the Young University Ranking 2022- it ranks 184th.
History of Ulster University London
Ulster University is a multi-campus university founded in 1845. At first, this university was based in Northern Ireland. But later, it spread its branch campus in London and Birmingham. And these two campuses are run in partnership with QA Higher education that was formerly known as QA Business School. The branch campuses offer fully accredited and globally recognised undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
It has an excellent reputation for research and work-based learning. A survey showed that, within 6 months, 92% of Ulstergraduates are in employment and further studies.
Location of Ulster University London
The Location of Ulster University London Branch is in St James House, 10 Rosebery Ave, London EC1R 4TF, UK.
London Holborn Station to Ulster University
By Car: It will take 3 min by car to shift from London Holborn Station to QA Higher Education Ulster University London Campus.
By Bus: By bus, it will take 7-13 minutes.
Heathrow Airport to Ulster University London Distance
By Car: It will take around 40 minutes by car to shift from Heathrow Airport to Ulster University London Campus.
By Bus: By bus, it will take 1 hr 32-45 minutes.
Intakes at Ulster University London
In the Ulster University London, there are mainly 3 intakes available. They are-
- September Intake
- January Intake
- May Intake
Among these three, the September intake is called the Primary intake when almost all the courses and universities available for the international students.
The January intake also offers plenty of courses. And the less number of courses available in the May intake.
Courses at Ulster University London
- Pre-sessional Plus
- Pre-sessional Standard
- BSc Hons Accounting with Management
- BSc Hons Computing Systems
- BSc Hons Computing Systems (with Diploma in Professional Practice)
- Extended MSc International Business
- Extended MSc International Business with Advanced Practice
- Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics
- Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics with Advanced Practice
- Extended MSc International Business with Human Resource Management
- Extended MSc International Business with Human Resource Management with Advanced Practice
- Extended MSc Marketing
- Extended MSc Marketing with Advanced Practice
- Graduate Certificate
- MBA with Advanced Practice
- MSc International Business
- MSc International Business with Advanced Practice
- MSc International Business with Data Analytics
- MSc International Business with Data Analytics with Advanced Practice
- MSc International Business with Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business with Human Resource Management with Advanced Practice
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Marketing with Advanced Practice
Tuition fees at Ulster University London
|Pre-sessional English Course
*** The Graduate Certificate Course will take £4500.
Scholarship Opportunities at Ulster University London
International students do not need to apply for the London and Birmingham branch campus scholarships. According to the academic information provided with the application, the university will automatically access your eligibility. When sending out the unconditional offer letter, the team will inform you of your eligibility for a scholarship.
Country Specific Entry Requirements at Ulster University
Middle East and North Africa
|English Language Requirements
|Diplome de Technicien Superieur Baccalaureat de I’Enseignement Secondaire
|License or Diplôme
|IELTS 6.0 with no module less than 5.5. (Some courses may required more score) *Cambridge, PTE, Toefl etc test also accepted)
South East Asia
|English Language Requirements
|HSC/Higher Secondary Certificate or Intermediate Certificate with overall 50%(GPA 3.0) including a pass in 5 subjects. For STE Pathway, 50% in Maths needed.
|HSC with 70% overall With 50% or above marks, successful completion of 2 years of undergraduate degree. From Bangladesh Technical Education Board 4 Year Diploma in Engineering with overall 75%
|After completing Masters degree, 2.1=60%, and 2.2=50% After completing a 4 year bachelor degree, 2.1=65%, and 2.2=60%
|IELTS 6.0 with no module less than 5.5
|Standard XII (Indian)with overall average of 50%, including a pass in 5 subjects ( For STE pathway, Math is required)
|Standard XII with an overall 60%( include 50% or above in the 5 subjects). If any course has subject-specific requirements, 60% will be required in each subject. 3 year diploma in technology or engineering with overall 60%, GCSE Math requirement, Grade B-Indian Standard XII-60%, or Grade C with 50%. CBSE or CISCE Standard X- Grade B-60%, Grade C-50%
|Bachelor Degree- 2:1- 60% 2:2- 55%
|IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 Other Tests also available like- Cambridge, PTE, OET QA Higher Education English Language Test TOEFL
|Minimum School Leaving Certificate Examination (Grade XI, XII) with overall 60% in a minimum of 5 subjects. GCSE Maths requirement- Secondary Education Certificate Mathematics- Equal to Grade C- or C+ Equal to Grade B- or B Proficiency certificate with 50% Diploma from Tribhuvan University
|Courses that need the 2:1 degree classification,must require a successful completion of a 3 or 4 year bachelor degree with 65% overall. 2:2 degree classification needs a successful completion of 3-4 year bachelor degree with 55% overall. For the Research Dissertation Project, a first class bachelor degree is needed. Masters degree PG Diploma
|IELTS 6.0 with no module less than 5.5 Password English Language Test Cambridge OET PTE TOEFL QA Higher Education English language Test. Pre-sessional English course needed if don’t match the requirement directly.
|HSC/HSSC with 50% overall, including 50% in 5 subjects. For, STE, needs 50% in Maths. FSC FA I Com
|HSSC Completion with 70% overall. If a course has subject specific requirements, 75% will be required in each subject. At the point of enrolment, applicants must be aged 17 or over. Successful undergraduate year 1 degree completion with 50% or above.
|4 Year bachelor degree Master’s degree or a 2 year of Bachelor’s degree- 2:1-65% 2:2- 55% 50% or above can be accepted for applicants- Who complete LLB from University of Punjab MA English or MA Education
|IELTS 6.0 with no module less than 5.5 Other English language Tests are- Cambridge, OET, PTE, TOEFL, QA Higher Education English Language Test.
Sub Saharan Africa
|Higher National Diploma awarded after 1992- GPA 2.0 University Certificate Diploma with GPA 2.0
|Must be aged 18 or over. WASSC (West African Senior School Certificate) C6 or above in 5 subjects. UKVI IELTS 5.0 with no module less than 5.0
|Must be aged more than 17 years (by June) of the academic year. WASSC with C6 or above in 5 subjects including mathematics. Overall IELTS Academic 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 Or West African Senior School Certificate with Grade C6
|IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 Other English language Tests are- Cambridge, OET, PTE, TOEFL, QA Higher Education English Language Test.
|Must be aged 18 or over in the completion of IFP WAEC/NECO Senior School ,certificate with C6 or above in 5 subjects. UKVI IELTS 5.0 with no module less than 5.0
|Must be 18 years old (by June) of the academic year when the IFY is completed. WAEC/NECO Senior School certificate( C6 or above in 5 subjects.) including mathematics WAEC/NECO Grade C6 IELTS 6.0 with no module less than 5.5
|Ordinary or Higher National Diploma Lower credit Diploma from Federal University with Lower credit Successful completion of Year 1 of a Nigerian Degree with 50%. National Certificate of Education with a lower credit. IFP from Westerfield College- pass in all subjects (55% or higher.
|Bachelor Degree 2:2-50% or above 2:2-60% or above.
|IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 NECO, WAEC Other English language Tests are- Cambridge, OET, PTE, TOEFL, QA Higher Education English Language Test.
Required Documents for Visa Application at Ulster University London
So, you have got your CAS, and now all set to apply for a visa. While making a visa application, you must provide some required documents. Such as:
- UK visa application form.
- An international passport
- CAS letter from your course provider
- Enough financial statements to support yourself and for the course.
- A valid ATAS certificate if your nationality required it.
- If you are under 18, provide parental consent or other approval of other legal guardians.
- Proof of the relationship with your parents if you are under 18.
- TB test result.
- If you have received financial sponsorship for your course in the last 12 months, written consent for your application from your financial sponsor.
Student Support at Ulster University London
From all over the world Ulster University London welcomes students .When an international student joins a course in London, the university will ensure that students get the most from their studies, and will get the best experience while studying there. Ulster University offers a range of student support. Such as:
- Support for a disable student.
- Counseling support, advice and guidance.
- Help in improving the chance of getting a job.
- Financial advice
- Mental Health and wellbeing support
- Emergency and wellbeing support.
Alumni at Ulster University London
Many international students studying from Ulster University got huge success in their career. Some notable alumni of Ulster university are given below-
- Fabian Monds, CBE, BBC Governor
- Brian Norton, Dublin Institute of Technology’s president.
- Kim L. O’Neill, professor of microbiology at Brigham Young University
- Neil Shawcross, artist and portrait painter
- Andrew Waterman, poet
- Alison Kitson, nurse and academic.
- Simon Kitson, historian.
- Pat Loughrey, warden of Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Gerry McKenna MRIA
- Robert Anthony Welch
Job Opportunities at Ulster University London
Ulster University offers many job opportunities for international students. Students whether they are in first year, final year, or already graduates can access multiple job opportunities. A student can find jobs through many categories. Such as:
- Graduate Jobs
- HigherED etc.
Accommodation facilities at Ulster University London
While studying at Ulster University London, a student need not to worry about the accommodation. Usually for the first year students, there are guaranteed accommodation facilities available in the dormitory or halls of residence. Besides, there are many student accommodations available near Ulster University London. Such as: Piccadilly Court, Sterling Court, iQ City, Walmsley Studios, Student living heights, Arbour House, iQ shoreditch and many more.
However, if you want a private rented accommodation other than these, AIMS Education can help you to find it. AIMS Education has a direct partnership with amberstudent- a private accommodation in the UK.
Transportation at Ulster University London
Ulster University London branch is situated in London which has a fantastic and well-developed public transport system. It has the underground and tube network, 24/7 buses, national train, and black cabs available.
Application Process for International Student at Ulster University London
As an international student, if you want to apply at Ulster University, you must follow some steps to enroll at this university successfully. Let’s here know the steps you must follow-
- Apply with the required entry requirements for your preferred course.
- Make CAS Payment to get an unconditional offer letter.
- Attend the Pre-CAS interview and pass it to get a CAS reference number.
- Apply for a visa after getting a CAS letter.
How to apply at Ulster University London
Want to apply at Ulster University? International students like you can apply to this prestigious university in a very simple and easy process. There are many ways available to apply. But the easiest one is given below. Click the ‘Apply Now’ button and then correctly fill out the complete form.
After that, one of our expert counselors will contact you as early as possible and help you through the application process and help you to provide an offer letter. We will help you and make sure you will get an unconditional offer letter soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: There are many employability and career services provided by this university. Such as:
- Campus-based career and employability session.
- Job application and CV making advice.
- Practicing interviews and gaining the skills.
- Advice on further education.
- Specific employability topic seminar.
Ans: According to a DLHE survey 2018, around 92% graduates are in employment or take higher studies after completing graduation from this university.
Q. Does Ulster University Provide scholarships for international students?
Ans: You have to provide 50% CAS payment to study at this university. After providing the CAS deposit, you will get a CAS reference number.
Ans: The bank balance is required to show depends on the course you are taking. Besides that, you have to provide the living costs for studying in London. ( For London, the living costs are £1334 per month.( for up to 9 months). And in terms of course, at first you will get a scholarship that will be deducted from the tuition fees. Then you will deposit the CAS payment. After that, you have to show in your bank the remaining amount of the course for the first year and the living expense.
Ans: Yes, this university is quite affordable for international students. It is one of the most cost-effective universities in the United Kingdom.
Ans: Ulster University has an open, informal, and friendly atmosphere. Besides, it has a reputation for research, innovative, and industry related courses.
- Ulster University London Campus splits into two buildings. One is a teaching building, and the other is the student hub.
- It provides printing services, computer labs, and lockers facilities.
- A student also finds laptop renting services.
- It has a multi faith room.
- Provides Student Welfare facilities.
- Career and Employability services.
Ans: This university is an excellent choice for you whether you are looking for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Ulster University is home to many international students from more than 70 countries.
Ans: You should choose Ulster University because it has a stimulating curriculum, affordable tuition fees, and various career opportunities.
So, if you want to study at Ulster University London campus, you can contact the counselors of AIMS Education. AIMS education has a direct partnership with this university.
The university authority can anytime change their entry requirements, tuition fees, course options, scholarship opportunities and other requirements for international students. This blog is written with current information regarding the university requirements. But if there is any confusion about any kind of information regarding any university you can contact us directly.