Many UK study abroad aspiring students want to know how to clear a Pre-CAS interview to study in the UK. When you apply to a university in the UK and get an offer letter, you will need a CAS ( Confirmation for Acceptance of Studies) to have successful admission. When you send a request for the CAS, they will give you a date for an interview. It is called the Pre-CAS interview. If you have a successful interview, you need to fill out the CAS form/draft sent by the university. After that, you will be granted a confirmation for acceptance of studies.
What is a Pre-CAS interview to study in the UK?
For some of the universities in the UK, a Pre-CAS interview must be done before a CAS can be given. Other universities in the UK issue a CAS after a request sent by students.
What is the purpose of a Pre-CAS interview?
A Pre-CAS interview aims to find out the student’s genuine intention to study at a university in the UK. The Pre-CAS interview is very important as through it; the university will get to know your true intention. The Pre-CAS interview is crucial as it can make or break your chance to enroll in your desired UK university.
How will a Pre-CAS interview be held?
A Pre-CAS interview will be held electronically and take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Within two or three working days, the feedback regarding the Pre-CAS interview will be provided.
These are the question you may ask during a Pre-CAS interview.
Students must try their best to do a successful Pre-CAS interview. Here are the following questions you should prepare for the interview.
- Why do you want to study in the UK? Why did you choose this particular university and subject to study?
- How long is your course?
- How do you explain your study gaps and employment history, and what were you doing at these times?
- What are the modules of your course?
- Do you intend to work in the future?
- How will you fund your studies?
- Does your course relate to your future career plans?
Hints and Tips for doing a successful Pre-CAS interview to study in the UK
Here are the hints and tips for making a successful Pre-CAS interview to study in the UK.
- While expressing yourself, give precise and detailed answers.
- Make complete and sufficient research to avoid non-specific answers.
- Don’t memorize your answer, which will make you forget the lines and lower your confidence.
- Your answers must be supported with facts and figures.
- Be natural.
- Answer all questions honestly and precisely.
- If you found any technical issues during the interview, report to the authority before leaving the interview.
- Make sure you answer all the questions in fluent English.
- Be confident.
- If you do not understand any questions properly, ask them politely to repeat.
What to wear in the Pre-CAS interview?
Usually, a Pre-CAS interview is conducted by the visa application centre via video call. Whether the interview is online or offline, you must dress well and look presentable. Be formal. Don’t wear anything casual like t-shirts, sportswear or shorts. Besides, avoid flashy items like heavy jewellery or very bright clothes. Be neat and clean.
How important is a good Pre-CAS interview?
A successful Pre-CAS interview will lead you to successful admission. If a Pre-CAS interview is unsuccessful, a student will be denied the CAS regardless of paying the deposit. The university will refund the deposit and withdraw the offer letter when the interview is unsuccessful.
So, in short, the answer to how to clear a Pre-CAS interview to study in the UK is to make proper research, answer confidently and precisely. Besides, be honest and speak fluent English.
If you need any guidelines regarding the Pre-CAS, the expert counsellors of AIMS Education can provide you with the right guidelines to clear a Pre-CAS interview to study in the UK. AIMS Education helps students study in the UK, USA, and Canada.
FAQ -Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long is the Pre-CAS interview?
Ans: The Pre-CAS interview will take approximately 30 minutes. You have to convince and impress the admission authority to get a CAS during this time.
Q. How will the Pre-CAS interview be conducted?
Ans: A UKVI officer will organize the Pre-CAS interview. Generally, it is conducted at the visa application centre via video call.
Q. What is the next process of a Pre-CAS interview?
Ans: After completing a Pre-CAS interview, the student will get a CAS form or CAS draft sent by the university. A student needs to fill out the form to get the CAS.
Q. Does getting a CAS guarantee visa?
Ans: No, getting a CAS won’t guarantee you a visa. To get a student visa, you must be obliged by all the mandatory rules and requirements for a successful student visa.