How to Study in the UK from Nepal?
Many study abroad aspiring students from Nepal choose the UK to get higher education. The United Kingdom is one of the most preferred countries they choose over and over. That’s why the Nepalese students have a tremendous interest on How to study in the UK from Nepal. Let’s know about it in detail.
Benefits of Studying in the UK from Nepal.
The Nepalese students choose to study in the UK from Nepal. There are many benefits a student will found there. Such as:
- World class universities are in the UK.
- An incredibly diverse country
- Short duration degree
- Part-time work opportunities.
- Post study work opportunities
- Favorable weather conditions.
- Top quality education
- Various study options
- Free medical treatment.
- Industry related education
Admission Process to Study in the UK from Nepal.
When you apply to study in the UK as an international student, you need to follow some specific admission procedures. Let’s know about the processes to study in the UK from Nepal step by step-
- Research on the universities and the courses. You might check location, ranking and facilities offered by the Universities.
- Shortlist some universities and the courses by checking the entry requirements, fee, scholarship, CAS deposit, installment plan.
- Finalize a few options and apply directly or take help from agent to apply
- Get a conditional or unconditional offer letter.
- Pay minimum (CAS- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) deposit
- Provide proof of funds and TB test certificate for the CAS. You may need to pass a pre-cas interview before getting the CAS
- Once CAS is issued apply for the visa
- Get the visa and plan your travel.
Entry Requirements to Study in the UK from Nepal.
An international student needs the Academic and English language eligibility to study in the UK from Nepal.
Academic Qualification to study in the UK from Nepal
Each requirement has a different qualification. Normally, the UK universities welcome students with the following qualifications:
The minimum requirement is School Leaving Certificate Examination (Grade XI and XII) with overall 60% (GPA 2.8) to include a minimum of 5 subjects
GCSE Math requirement – Secondary Education Certificate (Grade X) Mathematics
- Equivalent to a Grade C- Grade C+
- Equivalent to Grade B- Grade B
Efficiency Certificate with an overall average of 50%
Diploma from Tribhuvan University
If an applicant holds a degree equivalent to the UK first degree or students who have good grades in the following, can take a Master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
- Courses that require the equivalent of a 2:1 degree classification we require successful completion of a 3 or 4 year Bachelor degree with 65% overall
- Courses that require the equivalent of a 2:2 degree classification we require successful completion a 3 or 4 year Bachelor degree with 55% overall
- First Class/Distinction Bachelor’s Degree (min 4 year study) to include research dissertation/project
- Masters Degree (with a 3 or 4 year Bachelor’s Degree)
- PG Diploma
However, all Nepali students will need a NOC letter from their education ministry. Even though this is not UKVI requirements but without this, the University will not issue a CAS and UKVI will not issue a visa.
English Language Requirements to Study in the UK from Nepal.
Normally for the graduate and postgraduate courses, UKVI IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 is required. Despite that, some courses may ask for a Higher score. If you do not meet the English language requirement, the university authority may provide you with a conditional offer letter. However, for other degree programmes,
IFP 3 terms: IELTS UKVI overall 4.5 and no less than 4.0 in any band.
IFP 2 terms: IELTS UKVI overall 5.0 and no less than 4.5 in any band.
International Year 1: Overall 5.5 and no less than 5.5 in any band.
Pre-Master: Overall 5.5 and no less than 5.5 in any band.
Other English Language Requirements to study in the UK from Nepal-
- Cambridge Advanced English.
- PTE Academic
- TOEFL IBT
- QA Higher Education English Language Test
- Trinity College ISE.
Besides, if your IELTS score is not sufficient to take an academic program in the United Kingdom, you can choose a pre-sessional English course to get the qualification. But UKVI IELTS is mandatory to take the pre-sessional English course.
Course Option to Study in the UK from Nepal.
An international student will find various course options while studying in the UK. So students can choose a course according to their choice and requirements. Such as-
- 2 year accelerated degree.
- PhD/Research Degree
- Integrated Masters
However, if a student needs a pre-university education, he can take courses like-
- Foundation or Pathway.
- Pre-sessional English course.
University Application Documents to Study in the UK from Nepal.
Study abroad starts with making applications to the universities. This is the primary step towards your goal.
- All academic certificates and transcripts.
- Documents on English language proficiency.
- Reference letter
- Personal statement.
- Portfolio ( for the art and design courses)
( Documents must be translated by an official translator if they are not in English).
Visa Application Steps to Study in the UK from Nepal.
After completing almost all the steps towards taking a British education, the final step is the visa application. While making an application, there are some steps you must follow. Such as-
- Select the right visa type.
- Start making visa applications.
- Find out the amount you need to pay for the visa application.
- Make an appointment by choosing your nearest visa application center.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Visit the visa application center.
- Track your application.
- Collect your passport.
Student Visa Eligibility to Study in the UK from Nepal.
To get a British student visa, an international student must have the following eligibility.
- Must have an unconditional offer letter from the licensed student sponsor.
- Should have English language proficiency.
- Required amount of money to support yourself and your dependents while staying in the UK.
However, if you are 16 or 17, and want to apply to a British University, then you need a Child Student Visa.
Required Visa Documents to Study in the UK from Nepal.
These are the required documents you need to apply for a British student visa.
- An original passport or other valid travel documents.
- Evidence of a sufficient amount of bank statements to cover the tuition fees and living costs.
- CAS ( Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) reference number and documents to obtain CAS.
- If you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months, you need to provide a TB test report.
- CV and work reference ( If they have more than 3 years study gaps)
- If you’ve received a sponsorship for your course fees and living cost in the last 12 months, provide written consent for your application from the financial sponsor.
- ATAS clearance certificate ( if required)
- If you are under 18, provide parental consent.
- If you are under 18, provide proof of relationship.
Additional documents students may need if they are-
- If you are not a citizen of the country from where you are applying from.
- Under 18 years of age
- You want to bring their dependents
Besides, if any of the supporting documents are not in English, they may need to be translated. When translated documents must be dated including the translator’s name and signature with the confirmation that all are accurate documents from the original paper.
UK Visa Application Center to Study in the UK from Nepal.
When you want to apply for a British visa from Nepal, you need to apply through a UK visa application center. In Nepal, you will find the application center-
VFS is your partner for all the applications from Nepal to the UK.
What happens at the visa application center?
At the visa application center, the things you will need to do and experience are-
- Make sure you arrive 15 minutes earlier than your appointment time.
- For the visa application, you must attend the appointment. No one can be your proxy here.
- Bring your original (valid) passport with at least one page that is blank on both sides.
- At the Visa Application Centre, you will need to submit your fingerprints and photograph. This is called biometric information. A digital finger scanner collects images of all 10 digits, and you will have a digital photo taken. The digital fingerprint scanner uses no inks, liquids or chemicals and will not mark your skin.
- The digital photograph must be taken with a full face. Besides, it should be without sunglasses or tinted spectacles, or head covering unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons.
- Make sure your face is clearly visible with no hair across the eyes.
- To hinder the effect of undetectable or wrong finger scans,ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration, cuts, abrasions or other markings
- If you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under 5 years old, they must also attend an appointment and have their digital photograph taken, but they don’t have to provide their fingerprint information.
- Children under 16 years old need to be accompanied by an adult (18+) and this cannot be a member of VFS Global staff.
- Your visa application will not be processed without biometric information.
- After booking your appointment, you can upload documents yourself and use the Document Scanning Assistance service at the Visa Application Center (fee applies).
- If you have purchased, or plan to use our Document Scanning Assistance service, bring the originals or good quality copies of your supporting documents to the Visa Application Center.
Priority and Super Priority Visa to Study in the UK from Nepal.
When you are studying in the UK from Nepal, you will get the advantages of a Priority and Super priority visa if you need an urgent visa. Every year, many students apply for the UK visa. That’s why the UKVI has experienced a huge rush on visa applications. In this situation, this type of visa service can be a huge relief. Let’s know them properly-
- Priority visa service
You can choose Priority Visa Service from UKVI, if you need your visa in hurry. But to get this visa, you need to provide some extra fees. After submitting the biometric information, the UKVI will contact you to inform you that your passport is ready within 5 working days.
- Super Priority visa service
With the super priority visa, a student will be informed that the passport is ready by the end of the next working day. There will be an extra charge for this kind of visa.
Acceptable Gap Years to Study in the UK from Nepal.
In the UK, a student can study with the acceptable gap years. For a Bachelor degree, 2-3 years of study gap is easily acceptable. Besides, for the Master’s degree, a student can apply to most of the UK universities with 5-7 years study gaps. However, don’t worry if you have more gap years. If you can justify the gap years, you will be able to apply to many UK universities.
Job Opportunities while studying in the UK from Nepal.
While studying in the UK, a student can work 20 hours per week during the semester time. Besides, in holidays, a student can work full-time. After completing education in the UK, a student will get 2-3 years of post-study work experience. This is called the graduate route visa.
Eligibility of a Graduate Route Visa in the UK from Nepal.
To have a graduate route visa in the UK, there are some specific eligibility requirements needed to meet. To apply for the graduate route visa, a student should have the eligibility like the below-
- You must be in the United Kingdom
- Your current visa should be the general student visa.
- For a minimum period of time, you must have a Bachelor, Masters, or other qualifying degree.
To apply for a graduate route visa, you must need one of the following courses.
- A British undergraduate degree.
- A British postgraduate degree.
- A British PhD or Doctoral degree.
You can also apply if you have completed one of the following-
- a law conversion course approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- the Legal Practice Course in England and Wales, the Solicitors Course in Northern Ireland, or a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in Scotland
- the Bar Practice Course in England and Wales, or the Bar Course in Northern Ireland
- a foundation programme in medicine or dentistry
- a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Do and Don’ts with a Graduate Route Visa.
Getting a Graduate Route Visa is fantastic. But a candidate cannot do everything with a graduate route visa. Let’s know what a student can and cannot do with a graduate route visa.
- Work in most jobs.
- Look for work.
- Be self employed.
- Staying with the dependents.
- Do voluntary work.
- Travel abroad and return to the United Kingdom
- Cannot apply for the state pension or public fund.
- Work as a professional sports person.
Without the bank statement can I study in the UK from Nepal?
Yes, you can apply for the visa with that loan letter if you can submit an education loan letter from a recognized financial institution confirming the education loan. According to the Immigration Rules, here is the evidence of financial sponsorship or student loans for students.
- An applicant relying on a student loan under must show evidence of the student loan by providing a student loan letter from the lender which must:
(a) be dated no more than 6 months before the date of application; and
(b) confirm the loan is a student loan provided to the applicant by either the relevant government or a government sponsored student loan company or an academic or educational loans scheme; and
(c) confirm there are no conditions on release of the loan funds other than a successful application to study in the Great Britain as a Student or Child Student; and
(d) confirm the amount of the loan; and
(e) confirm the loan is to the applicant; and
(f) confirm the funds will be:
(i) before traveling to the UK; the fund should be available to the applicant, or
(ii) before the applicant travels to the United Kingdom, paid it directly to the student sponsor with any living cost portion of the loan being made available to the applicant by the time they arrive in the UK; or
(iii) if the loan is provided by the applicant’s national government, it should be available before the applicant begins their course ; and
(g) confirm the lender meets the requirement at FIN 8.3(c).
Scholarship opportunities to Study in the UK from Nepal?
For an international student, a Scholarship can be a huge relief to reduce the cost. Besides, it is also very prestigious as only the meritorious students can have the scholarship opportunities. In the United Kingdom, a Nepalese student can find various scholarships like-
- GREAT Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Fulbright Partnership Awards.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Accommodation Facilities to study in the UK from Nepal.
Don’t worry about the accommodation facilities to study in the UK from Nepal. For the first year students, there is guaranteed accommodation available in the British universities. However, there are many private rental houses available in the UK. AIMS Education, a student consultancy firm that helps students to study in the UK, USA, and Canada. It has a partnership with amberstudent- a private housing limited in the United Kingdom. So can contact us if you need one.