Do you want to know the cost to study in Malaysia? Well, we don’t blame you. This beautiful Asian country comes with numerous benefits and attractions that draw the attention of international students. However, the cost of studying in Malaysia can vary significantly based on several factors like the institution, course of study, location, and lifestyle choices.
In this blog, we are going to give you an insight into the cost to study in Malaysia. And we hope that knowing the cost will help you to make a better decision. So, let’s discuss it.
Why study in Malaysia?
Malaysia has become an increasingly popular destination for international students for several compelling reasons:
- Quality Education: Malaysia has a robust higher education system with several universities and colleges offering a wide range of programs accredited globally. Institutions often have partnerships with renowned international universities, providing quality education at a comparatively lower cost.
- Diverse Range of Courses: Malaysian universities offer diverse courses in various fields, including engineering, medicine, business, arts, and technology, catering to the interests and needs of international students.
- Cost-effective Education: Studying in Malaysia is relatively affordable compared to Western countries, with lower tuition fees and living costs. This makes it an attractive option for students seeking quality education without a substantial financial burden.
- Modern Infrastructure: The country boasts modern infrastructure and amenities, making it conducive to a comfortable living and study environment.
- Job Opportunities: Malaysia offers post-study work opportunities, allowing students to gain practical experience and potentially secure employment after graduation.
Types of cost to study in Malaysia
As an international student, you may have to experience different types of cost to study in Malaysia. Such as-
- Tuition fee
- Living expenses
- Visa application fee
- Bank statement
- Health insurance fee
- Additional costs etc.
How much is the cost to study in Malaysia?
The entire cost to study in Malaysia mostly depends on the university tuition fee and the accommodation fee. However, there are also some other costs like visa application fees, plane fairs, health insurance fees, etc.
University Tuition Fees in Malaysia
Though the tuition fees in Malaysia vary from university to university, here is the average tuition fee range in the public and private universities in Malaysia.
- Public university tuition fees: Tuition fees for the Bachelor’s degree range between 2000-4500 EUR/year and for the Postgraduate degree range between 500-4000 EUR/year. Some Medicine courses can cost more than that.
- Private university tuition fees: Tuition fees for the Bachelor’s degree range between 1,350–9,300 EUR/year and for the Postgraduate degree range between 1,500–3,000 EUR/year. Some Medicine courses can cost more than that.
Living Expenses in Malaysia
Your living expenses in Malaysia mostly depend on your lifestyle and the place you live. If you live in the university dormitories it will cost 65-255 EUR/month approximately. If you live in renting a flat it will cost around 85-680 EUR/month. As a student, you should live in Malaysia between 450-800 EUR/month.
What is the financial requirement to study in Malaysia?
It is the most common question of international students how much money is required to show in the bank to get a student visa in Malaysia? So, here we go. You will need to show your one-year tuition fee and one-year living expenses in your bank account for three months.
How much does a student visa cost to study in Malaysia?
If you are an international student you have to apply for a student visa to study in Malaysia from your country. Visa application fee usually varies from country to country. But the standard amount ranges between RM 20 – RM 30.
How much does health insurance cost to study in Malaysia?
Do you know how much health insurance cost to study in Malaysia? Alright. Health insurance coverage under the Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance Plan is offered at a very competitive annual premium of RM 900/student. The annual premium is applicable for all actively enrolled students below 65 years of age.
Affordable universities to study in Malaysia
As an international student, you may always look for affordable universities abroad so that you can bear your educational expenses easily. So, here are some affordable universities to study in Malaysia.
- University of Malaya
- University Utara Malaysia
- University Sains Malaysia
- University Teknologi MARA
- University Putra Malaysia
- University Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Multimedia University etc.
International Scholarships to study in Malaysia
Certainly, there are various scholarships in Malaysia for international students. Some of the prominent scholarships include:
- Malaysian Government Scholarships
- MIDA Scholarships
- ASEAN Scholarships
- University-specific Scholarships
- Private Scholarships and Grants etc.
Here we have tried to cover every mandatory cost to study in Malaysia. Remember, these figures are approximate and can vary widely depending on personal choices and circumstances. Additionally, scholarships, grants, and part-time work opportunities can significantly reduce the overall cost to study in Malaysia.
Is it cheap to study in Malaysia?
Ans: Whilst fees vary between university and study areas, undergraduate tuition fees across the nation are comparatively low.
How much is the cost to study in Malaysia?
Ans: Tuition fees for the Bachelor’s degree range between 2000-4500 EUR/year and for the Postgraduate degree range between 500-4000 EUR/year. Some Medicine courses can cost more than that.
How much is the cost to study in Malaysia for Bangladeshi students?
Ans: The cost to study in Malaysia for Bangladeshi students range between RM 20,000 – RM 60,000 for both undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Do international students need help getting a job in Malaysia?
Ans: International students get a few job opportunities in Malaysia. International students can only work 20 hours per week during study time.
Is Malaysia a good choice for study?
Ans: Yes, Malaysia is a good country to study in. This beautiful Asian country comes with numerous benefits and attractions that draw the attention of international students.